March 20, 2012

Spring Break


Cason:  Walking is now in my repertoire.  Still not full time but at least I am taking steps about 30% of the time.  This is a step in the right direction.  Two weeks ago I had the balance to stand up in the middle of the room so walking is definitely something that I can do.  The rocking horse and I are friends and I can get on and off by myself.  I am trying to get doorknobs to turn but need just a little more pressure.  I am a ham and know it.  When I get a reaction, I continue and giggle along with you.  It is safe to say that I am no longer a baby.  I have officially switched to toddlerhood.  When someone tells me something to do I react like a big boy.  I listen pretty well to Mommy.  I like to read books; well flip pages mostly.  When we start towards my bed, I cry knowing what is coming but almost immediately stop as soon as I lie down and grab my blankets.  Food continues to be my vice.  I eat what I want, when I want.  Sometimes that means that I don't eat very much.  I am learning to exert my will and can ward off any sibling who desires to take my toy.  Tonight I added "baa" to my vocabulary.  Other than "hi-ya, ma ma, uh oh oh, hi ya da." I don't say a whole lot right yet.  But consonants are being formed more and more each day.    Daddy was gone for six days on a business trip last week.  I was so happy to see him come home. 

Cole:  Biking, trains, legos, dragon slayer, super-boy, doctor, chef, books, my Bible, and water.  Mommy is letting me look at books for a little while before taking my nap.  I am doing really well not tearing the books up.  I am working to have the alarm clock back in my room with hopes of someday having toys.  I want to get the pool filled so that I can swim.  I have practiced in the bathtub all winter long and want to show my stuff in the big pool.

Kaylee:  Kindergarten, babies, fingernails, coloring, biking, cooking, my friends, 4-H.  These are things that you will hear me talk about quite frequently.  I gave my first 4H demonstration talk last week on making crescent rolls.  I did a fabulous job even when the crescent rolls refused to cooperate.  I kept my cool and didn't miss a beat.  I can reach the button for Daddy's garage door opener and some of the cups in the cabinet.  This makes me feel really big. 

Chad:  At the last awards ceremony, our grade performed the "Fifty-Nifty United States" song that lists the 50 states in alphabet order.  (Mommy sang this song in elementary school too!)  I sing this song at home all of the time.  Third quarter report cards came out last week and I made great gains since mid-quarter.  We were all very excited.  I helped Mommy with the garden and got the "kid" garden weeded as well.  Since summer has decided to come a month early, we are getting vegetables planted.  I am desperately trying to find something to "collect."  I have tried juice lids, rocks, bottles - all to no avail.  I will keep looking.  I gave my second 4H talk on the "My Food Plate" (Food Pyramid).  I got ready to begin and blanked out saying, "I don't remember."  But then it came and I didn't a great job.  I held it together very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Thanks for your comments. Comments will be posted as soon as they are approved.