Potty training Chad was an experience - all about the timing. Potty training Kaylee was pretty easy - she asked for it. Potty training Cole...hmmmm.
Cole has been telling me when he goes potty for about a month and wants to try each time. He has sat on the toilet and gone for literally 6 months. So, while we have a break from Mother's Day Out, I thought I would give it a try. I mean if we are going to sit on the potty all day, we might as well do the real thing.
The first day went great - two accidents with lots of success. Second day the same. Third day the same. I felt pretty good about this. Yesterday...not so much. One success - many accidents.
In all fairness, you have to feel sorry for Cole. He doesn't have two parents after him to go potty. He has four. Chad informed Grams and Papa that he is Cole's "teacher". It is his job to show Cole "how" to do it. Kaylee is just frustrated and confused as to why she can't as well. But they are both great cheerleaders and very encouraging to their little brother.
They also are doing a great job of trying to keep him still on the potty.
Sadly (in this case), Cole is crazy smart. He discovered right off that he can use this potty thing to his advantage. He has already figured out that all you have to say is "potty" and it will get you out of bedtime, time-out, picking up toys... Thankfully Mommy and Daddy are not rookies so we have seen this before!







Too funny! Have I told you about E? She is over the potty thing. Does NOT matter how much she is praise, rewarded, etc. Sigh. Good luck! Cole is one smart kiddo!
ReplyDelete