June 11, 2011

Senators, Lawyers, Mayors...Biking, Swimming Lessons, Crawling - Oh My!


Mommy - Michael came up with a current Facebook status for me: Senators, Lawyers, Mayors...Oh my!  What is sad is that I am battling two totally different issues with the government. I seriously don't have time for this.  Thankfully I know an elected governmental employee who has at least helped me think through these battles.  Wish I knew a lawyer really well!  The one issue should be resolved in a month's time.  Just starting on the second issue and have no idea what it will entail.  Just know my cell phone minutes are quickly depleting.  May have to add our out-going home phone back (we only can receive calls).  Unfortunately these two issues involve us on a very personal level and hit out of the blue within less than a weeks time.
 
Daddy - Michael is riding in a 100 mile ride today.  He is super excited about it.  We are super excited about it being over.  The local Mayor asked me my thoughts on his rides last night and I explained that there are some things you have to leave in God's hands!  The ride today is a flatter course than the other 100 miles rides he has done.  He is going for time on this one.  I told him that when a company approaches him about sponsorship, it better be very big!  He just smiled. 
 
Chad - I am learning to adjust to life without school.  Being home with my siblings all day can prove to be a little trying when they don't want to do what I want them to do or they get into my things.  Baseball season is finishing up and I have one more week of swimming lessons.  My 4H zucchini plants have flowers on them.  I just wish it would rain so that I wouldn't have to water so often.  I now have a new room mate.  This one cries more but I don't have to worry about him hitting or throwing things at me. 
 
Kaylee - I spent a week at Grams and Papa's house.  Cole and I went to Vacation Bible School while we were there.  "Grams spoils me."  I have been teaching everyone the songs and telling them the Bible stories.  Swimming lessons are fun because I am the only one in my class who has taken before.  I get to be the example to the class.  I love school time with Mommy.  Since this is the first summer in three years that Chad is not in speech or OT, we are able to go to the library story time.  We made a fish craft last week.  That was a lot of fun. 
 
Cole - I am three now.  Not sure if that really means anything but Daddy told me that I am going to have more birthdays.  That is all I want to talk about right now.  Swimming lessons have been good.  If my teachers would stop asking me to do so much and just listen, I have a lot to tell them.  I tell them, "I have to tell you something first."  Mommy did a room shuffling and I am now in my own room in the library.  There is no reason to call it the library though because it doesn't have any book or anything else in it now.  My parents don't have to worry about whether or not the bathroom door gets locked this way.  I enjoyed a week at Grams and Papa's for Vacation Bible School.  I got to go fishing and ride "Red." 
 
Cason - Although the full crawling pattern isn't quite there, I have my own way of getting around.  It involved my back legs and my head.  A little slow but just as effective.  If I can just get my arms to do their thing I can go more places.  I really like my Mommy and am not very happy when she leaves me or puts me down.  But, I am starting to realize that she comes back.  I like to stand and play but need Mommy there to make sure I don't lean to far.  For the last month I have been grabbing at everything.  My family got used to this not being an issue.  I like pages, necklaces, and my siblings hair.  Chad and I now share a room.  This has worked out very well.  Mommy is having a meeting with my siblings today about legos and other small toys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Thanks for your comments. Comments will be posted as soon as they are approved.