April 9, 2013

April Update


Cole:  All I want to do with my time is play with Legos.  I make amazing plans and ships.  I still like to dress up as a knight.  For a while, I was Pilate whenever I dressed up.  When I grow up, I want to be an underwater guy or underwater police man.  There is huge improvements in my behavior during the day but I still struggle with mornings and evenings.  My sleep is better but not where my parents would like.  Hopefully time will fix this problem.  I am excited for summer to come so that I can swim but I have enjoyed the several family bike rides this spring.  I answer most questions with the word, "Well...".


Chad:  I received two awards at the 3rd Nine Weeks Award Ceremony.  I received the Citizenship Award for my honesty and trustworthiness.  I also met my 3rd Quarter AR (reading) goals.  I am one of the only students in my class to do this for all three quarters.   I also was nominated by my teacher for the Most Improved Student Award.  I received tickets to the local baseball team for this.  All of my hard work is paying off as I have brought my reading level up from a beginning 1st Grader to a graduated 2nd grader.  I did this in just about 20 weeks.  I am still working very hard to bring up scores in the other areas that I am struggling but I am showing improvements in most areas.


Kaylee:  I love to draw and write.  I am creating a journal for my teacher.  It is a collection of pictures and notes that I have written to her.   Soccer started for the spring.  I really like my team.  We just had our first game last weekend.  Unlike last year, my team has boys and girls on it.  I continue to be a huge help for Mommy and Daddy.  I am dependable and anticipate what needs to be done.  Teaching is still a large part of my life.  I spend a lot of time in my room teaching my children.  Sometimes they get in trouble and so I take them to the principal (mom) who handles the situation.


Cason:  I am a big boy now!  I talk a lot and share my thoughts and desires with sentences.  A few days ago I looked in the mirror and Mommy asked me who was in the reflection.  I told her, "Me!".  I love to go outside and bring my shoes to Mommy and Daddy to make sure that they know I am serious.  For Spring Break we visited Grams and Papa.  I got to play with my cousin Kenzie and really liked that.  She is competition which creates problems something but I still think she is pretty cool.  She read to me while I went potty and I returned the favor for her.  I am a huge helper.  When Mommy brings groceries in, I immediately being emptying the bags and placing the items on the counter.  I also help with laundry and love to be the helper.  I am in charge of getting the lunch boxes from the cabinet each day Cole and I go to church.  I am so proud when I retrieve these.  Cole and I fight like cats and dogs.  I don't care how big he is or how smart he is.  If he has something that I want, I take it.  Period!  I like to play and say, "I want play" as soon as I get up or finish eating.  I have a best friend at church and always say, "I play E-why."  (Eli is a boy at church.)  I tell everyone, everywhere I go.  Puzzles are one of my favorite things to do.  I like the giant floor puzzles.

Michael:  Spring time has meant longer bike rides.  I road 60 this weekend to gear up for several rides this summer and fall.  June 1st is my first big ride of the year.  Mowing season is just around the corner.  Plus I am helping my wife with her newly moved garden.  Right now, I am spending my free moments upgrading my  wife's website.  Thankfully two friends are helping us with this upgrade and restructuring of her website.



Heidi:  I am itching to get outside and plant the garden.  As soon as it dries up, we will get the first round planted.  We are very hopefully that the new spot will help with the four-legged moochers and lack-of-sun issues.  For the last three weeks, my time has been filled with website issues.  We are hopefully to get the new site up soon which we pray will help with the navigation and load time.  Cole loves to write his letters and numbers.  This is what he wrote today using my new worksheets. These worksheets make up my 11th book!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Thanks for your comments. Comments will be posted as soon as they are approved.