December 5, 2009

Choo, Choo

Michael parents have been amazing help during and after our addition. They have come over several Saturdays to help hang things on the walls and rearrange decor. The past couple of months have involved redecorating. Michael's mom is the best! Today we got to have lots of fun.

A couple of months ago, Michael's mom came up with the idea to put Michael's Dad's antique trains on shelves in the boy's room. I did some investigating into crown molding shelves and found out that it was going to cost me a fortune. I asked our builder if he makes them. Last week he brought me two shelves for above the windows and then two 4' shelves for the play room. I was SOOOOO excited. I spent this week painting them and today we finally got to put them up!

This is one of the shelves above the boys' windows.


We decorated above the boys' dresser as well. Chad really likes how it looks.


Here are the shelves in the play room. I am excited about them!


Cole didn't care about the decorating but thought climbing the ladder was REALLY fun!


BTW - Mr. C will make these shelve for 1/3 the price at Pottery Barn. They are well made and so fun to decorate with. Let me know if you are wanting some shelves for yourself or for a gift!

1 comment:

  1. Heidi, It looks great! Could you send them my way so I could start hanging stuff on our walls? Two plus years later! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for your comments. Comments will be posted as soon as they are approved.